Refunds and Return Policy
- Application for Returns/Refunds Subject to the terms and conditions in this Refunds and Return Policy and the Terms of Service, Buyer may apply for a return of the purchased items (“Item”) and/or refund prior to the expiry of the Wasiyyah Ventures Guarantee Period as stated in the Terms of Service. Wasiyyah Ventures Guarantee is a service provided by Wasiyyah Ventures, on User’s request, to assist Users in dealing with certain conflicts which may arise during the course of a transaction. Users may communicate with each other privately to resolve their differences or approach their relevant local authorities to assist them in overcoming any dispute prior, during or after using Wasiyyah Ventures Guarantee.
- Application for the Return of an Item Buyer may only apply for the refund and/or return of the Item in the following circumstances:
• The Item has not been received by the Buyer;
• The Item was defective and/or damaged on delivery;
• Seller has delivered an Item that does not match the agreed specification (e.g. wrong size, colour, etc.) to Buyer;
• The Item delivered to the Buyer is materially different from the description provided by the Seller in the listing of the Item; or
• By way of private agreement with Seller and Seller must send his/her confirmation to Wasiyyah Ventures confirming the such agreement.
The buyer’s application must be submitted via Wasiyyah Ventures.
Wasiyyah Ventures will review each Buyer’s application on a case-by-case basis and, in its sole discretion, determine whether Buyer’s application is successful.
In the event that Buyer has commenced legal action against Seller, Buyer may provide the formal notification from the appropriate authority to Wasiyyah Ventures to request Wasiyyah Ventures to continue to hold the purchase monies until a formal determination is available. Wasiyyah Ventures will, at its sole and absolute discretion, determine whether it is necessary to continue to hold such purchase monies.
- Rights of Seller
When Wasiyyah Ventures receives an application from the Buyer for the return of the Item and/or refund, Wasiyyah Ventures will notify the Seller in writing. Seller may respond to Buyer’s application according to the steps provided by Wasiyyah Ventures in the written notification. The seller must respond within the time frame stipulated in the written notification (the “Stipulated Period”). Should the seller not hear from the buyer within the Stipulated Period, the seller will assume that the buyer has no response to the seller’s application and will proceed to assess Buyer’s application without further notice to the Seller. Wasiyyah Ventures will review each buyer’s response on a case-by-case basis and, in its sole discretion, determine whether Buyer’s application may be successful against the circumstances stated by Seller.
- Condition of Returning Item
To enjoy a hassle-free experience when returning the Item, Buyer should ensure that the Item, including any complimentary items such as accessories that come with the Item, must be returned to the Seller in the condition received by the Buyer on delivery. We will recommend Buyer to take a photo of the Item upon receipt.
- Liability of Product Return Shipping Fee
- i) In the scenario of an unforeseen error from the seller’s end (i.e – damaged, faulty or wrong product delivered to the buyer), the seller will bear the buyer’s return shipping fee.
ii) In the scenario of the buyer’s change of mind, the buyer shall get the seller’s consent prior to the return request and the buyer will bear the return shipping fee.
iii) In the scenario where both seller-buyer dispute the party liable for the return shipping fee, Wasiyyah Ventures at its sole discretion will determine the party liable for the return shipping fee.
Buyer will only be refunded after Wasiyyah Ventures has received the confirmation from Seller that Seller has received the returned Item. In the event where Wasiyyah Ventures does not hear from Seller within a specified time, Wasiyyah Ventures will be at liberty to refund the applicable sum to Buyer without further notice to Seller. The refund will be made to Buyer’s credit/debit card or designated bank account, whichever is applicable.
- Communication Between Buyer and Seller
Wasiyyah Ventures encourages Users to communicate with each other in the event where problem arises in a transaction. As Wasiyyah Ventures is a platform for Users to conduct trading, Buyer should contact Seller directly for any issue relating to the Item purchased